At the 5-star All-Inclusive Paradisus Río de Oro Resort & SPA, diver lovers may have a real adventure exploring underwater tunnels adorned with coral, sponges and gorgonians in the colorful ocean depths. There is diving zone with an irregular and complicated underwater structure, forming high hillocks, caves, small valleys and vertical wall cliffs. In other areas the platform descends softly along wide gorgonians, sea fans and coral terraces. Also featured the attraction, charm and color of the typical Caribbean coral reef. The International Scuba Diving Club is located a mere 100 m from the hotel, offers a variety of scuba diving packages and initiation courses provided by ACUC - certified instructors.
DIVING AREAS IN CUBA
There are approximately 550 diving points surrounding the Cuban archipelago with exceptional conditions, natural beauty, varied flora and fauna all year round.
Choose diving area
The largest black coral colonies in Cuban waters are found in areas of the Guanahacabibes Peninsula World Biosphere Reserve.
Stunning ocean bottoms, especially in La Corona de San Carlos.
The possibility to diving along 100 kilometers of coastline, stretching from Ramilletes de Novia to sites considerable historical value.
Especially recommended for those who prefer scuba diving through underwater tunnels inhabited by abundant wildlife. Ideal for submarine photography.
Wonderful contrasts in a magical pristine setting.
Blue Hole-Ojo del Megano and Cayo Piedras del Norte Marine Park: two exclusive sites.
Cave and open sea diving: two basic attractions.
Wide variety of coralline species in stunning pristine sea beds.
Site of one of the most monumental coralline columns in the Caribbean: Notre Dame.
Narrow platform with coralline patches and ridges up to five feet tall.
Thirty–two kilometers of coralline formations and warm crystal-clear waters.
Magnificently preserved sea beds and the possibility of diving with sharks.
Extensive coralline reef formations located relatively near the shore -between Punta Meternillos and Cayo Sabinal- surrounded by high coralline ridges. Excellent for scuba diving.
Irregular sea bottom with abundant caves, small valleys, vertical rock outcrops and colorful coralline gardens.
Fantastic rocky outcrops, both shallow and deep marine beds ideal for diving along the 150 kilometers of coastline.
Reasonable prices and stunning diving areas at Cabo Cruz, a gift for divers.
Clients bearing an international diving license
- Clients must show their license when booking immersions
- If more than a year has elapsed since the last immersion, clients must pass a check up before diving in the open sea or present their immersion log
- Immersions of up to 30 meters
- Clients can opt for other services ($) at the Diving Center
- Beginners must be at least 14 years old in order to join the initiation course in the pool and 18 years old for immersions in the sea
- Initiation lessons in the pool are indispensable before diving in the sea
- The instructor must consider the client fit for diving in the sea
- Immersions from 5 - 10 meters
- One immersion per day during their stay, regardless of whether the clients has an international divers certificate or not. Prior reservation at the hotel required, according to availability
- Immersions from Monday through Saturday, from 09:00 hours and subject to weather conditions
- The hours for diving lessons and immersions can change